CONVENTION IN BIARRITZ, FRANCE
4th ANNUAL BIARRITZ INTERNATIONAL
ENGLISH SPEAKING CONVENTION
WITH AL-ANON & YPAA
KEEP IT SIMPLE
9th to 11th October 2020
LE GRAND LARGE – BIARRITZ
1 rue Dalbarade, Biarritz, France.
- Biarritz International A.A. Convention 2020
• Venue: Le Grand Large, 1 rue Dalbarade, 64200 Biarritz, France
• Dates: 9 to 11 October 2020
• Al-Anon & YPAA participation
• Theme: KEEP IT SIMPLE
• Fly direct to Biarritz Airport (BIQ)
• Website: https://aaconventionbiarritz.com
• Event Flyer is available here, please print it out for your group/s.
• Registration: Pre-Registration (online) €35.00 (after 30 August €42.00)
• Venue Accommodation from €55.00/night/person (B&B)
• Alternative Accommodation from €30.00/night/person (B&B)
• Extend your stay at convention discounted tariffs, enjoy tourism in the region
• Speakers: International speaker invitees from a wide range of countries available here
• Venue Links: | Venue | Website | Slideshow | Video | About | Practical | Accommodation | Map |
• Weather: Enjoy sunny peak Indian Summer (daytime temps 21°-29°, nights approx 13°-14°, sea temps. approx 18°-19°)
• Tourism opportunities: Lourdes, San Sebastian, Bilbao/Guggenheim, Bayonne, Loyola, El Camino,
• Day-Excursions: St Jean Pied de Port Wednesday 7/October2020 || Lourdes Monday 12 October 2020
• Tourism activities: Pilgrimages, Day-tours, Surfing, Golfing, Pelote, Tennis, Water Sports and Activities
• Al-Anon & YPAA: committees and schedules at Information Desk
• Quick Links: Registration | Book Hotel | Book Banquet | Book Excursions |
Accommodation Reminder: it is not too early to reserve your accommodation
Biarritz books up early in October, to be sure of your Ocean View/Ocean Front venue
accommodation enquire at email or call +33 (0)4 91 00 77 98
Economizing?: If scrimping on budget is important to you, alternative
discounted accommodation has been negotiated with Mer & Golf Eugenie
(starting from €30.00/person/night (kitchen included) and Hotel Saphir (starting from €32.50/person/night (B&B).
More details here. Additional opportunities are presented at Trivago.com and Airbnb
Speakers: Karen Casey, Ph.D., lecturer, and program member since 1974 will be the speaker of note,
Karen will also facilitate a two-hour workshop/presentation on the Saturday afternoon.
Karen is author of recovery reference books “Each Day A New Beginning”, “In God’s Care”, among over 25 other books.
More info here. Other speaker profiles of note are available here
Access: Direct low-cost flights to Biarritz (venue is 3.5 kms from Airport) available from;
Brussels, Dublin, Geneva, Paris. Int’l travellers/attendees may transfer at these airports
If transferring in Paris, the most efficient time-wise is to do it at Charles de Gaulle Airport.
Alternative Access: San Sebastian Airport 35 minutes from the venue, also serves Biarritz
Direct flights are available frequently from Madrid and Barcelona
Int’l travellers/attendees may transfer at these airports